1. What is home care and how does it differ from home healthcare?
Home Care typically refers to any type of care (medical or non-medical) that is provided for a client in their home. Recently, there has been a shift in this term and "home care" now refers to non-medical care such as companionship/homemaking services and personal care services, while "home healthcare" refers to the provision of skilled nursing care and other care such as speech, physical or occupational therapy.
2. What services does HisGrip Home Care provide?
HisGrip Home Care is licensed to provide personal care services and companion services. Please refer to the 'Services' page for more details on the services we offer.
3. How does HisGrip Home Care select caregivers? All HisGrip Home Care caregivers are carefully screened before caring for a client. Each caregiver must undergo a rigorous process including national and local background checks and professional reference checks. We strive to hire the very best caregivers to work for HisGrip Home Care, because we only hire people we would want caring for a member of our own family.
4. Can I change caregivers if I wish? Yes, at any time. Though HisGrip Home Care believes we have an unmatched record for assigning the best caregivers to meet each client's individual needs, situations can change. Clients retain the right to select or change their caregiver at all times.
5. Will I have the same caregiver all the time? During the initial conversation and the in-home visit, the Administrator will document the services required and the client's preferences for a caregiver match. Then, the Administrator selects the best caregiver fit for the client and arranges an introduction between the client and the caregiver. During this meeting, the Care Plan will be reviewed and discussed to ensure that everyone agrees and understands what services are to be provided.
6. What if my caregiver is sick or on vacation? HisGrip Home Care employs a team of caregivers so that your care service will not be interrupted if someone gets sick or goes on vacation. If your caregiver is unavailable, the Administrator will arrange another caregiver and will contact you in advance of the change. Our goal is to ensure that services are provided as expected. Your safety and security are a top priority.
7. How soon can the care begin?
Almost immediately! We strongly believe that what sets us apart from other home care providers is our ability to unique scheduling model. We pride ourselves on being able to staff our cases in a very short time – less than 24 hours!
8. Are services available 24 hours, 7 days a week?
Yes. Services are available for as little as four hours a visit up to 24 hours, 7 days a week.
9. Do you provide services to those in nursing homes or assisted living communities? Yes. HisGrip Home Care can provide companionship or personal care to residents at assisted living communities and nursing homes who may desire additional attention or personalized care.
10. Do you have a service contract that I have to sign? There is no service contract with HisGrip Home Care. This means that you an use our services for as long as you need and with 100% satisfaction. Start enjoying worry-free senior care now!